Click to enlarge image(s)
Inflatable Air-Vests – Product Overview
The Hit-Air air bag vest is an innovative additional protection product for equestrians. Wear it as the external garment to allow room for inflation.
- Very light and thin. Stays out of the way and will hardly be noticeable. This vest is built with a comfortable open design and gives riders freedom and flexibility of movement.
- Provides extra protection in case of an unexpected departure from the horse. It absorbs impact as it cushions the neck, torso, spine and hips with air.
- High speed deployment. Vest is quickly inflated.
- The vest can be integrated into apparel. It can be worn over a body protector vest for extra protection or it can be worn without one.
- Easy to put on and easy to take off. Each size or style allows for a lot of adjustability.
- This Youth style is made in the same open vest design as those for adults, offering the same protection. They have just been made for smaller bodies.
- Black is standard. Red and royal blue are also available.
More information on the Hit-Air air bag vest:
- One 50cc CO2 cartridge is included with vest purchase.
- A coiled wire lanyard is shipped with the vest too. This is to create an attachment point to ensure deployment if necessary.
- If riders try to dismount forgetting to unhook the coiled wire, the tension felt is usually enough of a reminder to do so.
- Most riders like to hook the coiled wire to a bucking (also known as a pommel or saddle) strap. They are available for purchase.
Youth Open Model – Style Summary
This is an open, super light weight harness type vest with an internal air tubing system. It comes in black, red or royal blue.
- Fits children sized 6-12 or standard kids sizes M-XL.
- Open design is cool and comfortable.
- Recommended style for use over a body protector.
- The vests are easy to put on. Front adjustable straps ensure a proper fit.
- For a smaller stature than the SV2. Follow link to sizing chart.
- It uses a 50cc CO2 cartridge. Keep plenty in stock.
Looking for larger sizes? Try the SV2 and LV.